March 01, 2008

It's 3:00 AM in Missouri, the phone rings...


A new campaign ad put out by Hillary Clinton asks the question who would we want answering the phone at the White House in a crisis? Here is what you could expect if you call a Missouri politician at 3:00 AM.
  • Matt Blunt: "I understand it's an emergency but I've already accomplished everything I set out to do."

  • Jeff Roe: "No he puts his trash out on Tuesday night you idiot."

  • Jay Nixon: "And you're sure it was a Republican involved. O.K. I'll be right there."

  • Rod Jetton: "Why don't you get off your lazy a** and do it yourself. What? Oh, um I'm sorry Mr. Plaster, I'll get right on it."

  • Kit Bond: "Sam I know it's you. Now quit calling me. I told you my doctor said I needed to rest."

  • Susan Montee: Don't worry Mayor Pagano. I'll just say you're clean; nobody actually reads my audits.

  • Steve Ehlmann: Answering machine; If you're a developer who has donated money please press 1, If you're a developer who would like to donate money please press 2, All other callers, there is nothing I can do for you.

No comments: